[Implemented] Wiki banners

Phil Bull philbull at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 21:56:52 UTC 2008

Hi Marc,

On Fri, 2008-09-12 at 16:27 -0400, Marc Kaplan wrote:
[...]
> #1- Compare which Doc Team category correspond to which Tag.  If a
> Category existed that did not have a corresponding Tag, I listed them
> accordingly for review by Docs Team.

These categories should fit quite easily into the set of current tags,
although we might have to tweak their usage guidelines slightly to cover
certain cases more explicitly.

> The following Categories exist that do not have corresponding Tags:
>
> #CategoryNoParent
Hmm, is there a use case for this?

> #CategoryNotDocumentation
Candidate for moving or candidate for deletion. If it's not
documentation, it shouldn't be there.

> #CategoryDevelopment
Needs Expansion should cover this.

> #CategoryDiscontinued (same as "Unsupported Version"???)
Yep, Unsupported Version.

> #CategoryDocumentation (candidate for moving to Community Documentation
> FROM Team Wiki)
The team wiki is a separate entity, and I don't think we'd gain much
moving it from categories to tags. May as well just leave it.

> #CategoryTemplate
> #DocumentationTemplate
CategoryTemplate is a bit of a special case, like CategoryCategory. I
can't really see the need for the other one.

> #2- Develop a checklist for the transition from DocsTeam Categories to
> Tags so that we can track when a Category is done and show progress.
>
> #3- Start a discussion on whether to use CategoryApplications or
> CategorySoftware.

We should base this on the term that users are most comfortable with.

> #4- Tried to lay out the possible appearance of what the URLs might look
> like.  Would like to see this added to as work/cleanup is completed.
>
> #5- List outdated categories that have contents/articles that should be
> reallocated into the Application/Software Category in a kind of
> checklist form as well.

It all sounds pretty reasonable to me. Great to see so much work going
into the wiki!

Thanks,

Phil

--