[Implemented] Wiki banners

Marc Kaplan ubuntu-doc at technomensch.net
Fri Sep 12 20:27:05 UTC 2008

I will be completely honest, I was trying to show my thoughts on the
article but it's a little too big for one person to visualize:

Here is the gist of what I was attempting to showcase on my changes to
this page
(https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CategoryCategory/PageDiscussion).

#1- Compare which Doc Team category correspond to which Tag.  If a
Category existed that did not have a corresponding Tag, I listed them
accordingly for review by Docs Team.

The following tags exist:

   1. Unsupported Version
      <https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Tag#Unsupported%20Version>
   2. Content cleanup required
      <https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Tag#Content%20cleanup%20required>
   3. Style cleanup required
      <https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Tag#Style%20cleanup%20required>
   4. Needs Expansion
      <https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Tag#Needs%20Expansion>
   5. Page too long
      <https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Tag#Page%20too%20long>
   6. Candidate for moving (to team wiki)
      <https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Tag#Candidate%20for%20moving>
   7. Candidate for deletion
      <https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Tag#Candidate%20for%20deletion>
   8. Duplicate article
      <https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Tag#Duplicate%20article>

The following Categories exist that do not have corresponding Tags:

#CategoryNoParent
#CategoryNotDocumentation
#CategoryDevelopment
#CategoryDiscontinued (same as "Unsupported Version"???)
#CategoryDocumentation (candidate for moving to Community Documentation
FROM Team Wiki)
#CategoryTemplate
#DocumentationTemplate

#2- Develop a checklist for the transition from DocsTeam Categories to
Tags so that we can track when a Category is done and show progress.

#3- Start a discussion on whether to use CategoryApplications or
CategorySoftware.

#4- Tried to lay out the possible appearance of what the URLs might look
like.  Would like to see this added to as work/cleanup is completed.

#5- List outdated categories that have contents/articles that should be
reallocated into the Application/Software Category in a kind of
checklist form as well.

Marc K.