Hello, I'd like to help

Phil Bull philbull at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 10:42:09 UTC 2008

Hi Patrick,

On Fri, 2008-09-05 at 11:21 -0500, Patrick Jones wrote:
> I just signed up to this listserv and I'd like to help with the ubuntu
> documentation.  As someone who relies on wikis for basically
> everything, from fixing a kernel module for wireless to properly
> configuring samba with swat, I've been feeling lately that the wikis
> are a bit disorganized.
>
> I'm a user of ubuntu for some years now, and am familiar with debian
> as well as other distros.  I'm no expert at programming or scripting
> or the kernel, but have been able to troubleshoot a number of problems
> using my limited linux skills.
>
> I guess I'd like to be told what i can do to help in whatever way I
> can.  Please get back with me.

Welcome aboard! If you'd like to work on the wiki, please take a look at
the wiki team pages [1] [2] for information on how to contribute. If you
have any questions or would like a hand getting started, please let us
know. You can get in touch via this mailing list or through IRC
(#ubuntu-doc at irc.freenode.net).

Thanks,

Phil

[1] - https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WikiTeam