feedback on new wiki theme

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Fri Sep 5 20:56:39 UTC 2008

Hi,

Recently I've been developing a new theme which is intended to replace
the existing themes on the documentation wiki
(https://help.ubuntu.com/community). The intention of the theme is to
make reading the wiki easier for a user (so the interface should be
cleaner) and for an editor (so there is an editbar at the bottom of
the screen which follows the window as you scroll).

This is a call for testing and feedback of the theme. I'd really like
to implement a similar theme for the development wiki at
wiki.ubuntu.com if the feedback is positive.

To test the theme, log into the help wiki and go to the preferences
page (UserPreferences). Set the theme to 'ubuntunew' (you can easily
set it back later). Then just edit a few pages and see what you think.

It still needs some work in terms of the fonts and rigorous testing
with non-firefox browsers, but I'd appreciate any additional feedback
that people have at this stage. Please send comments to me, or if you
are really keen, patches! The code is here:

https://code.launchpad.net/~mdke/ubuntu-doc/helpwiki-newtheme

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org