Request for Intallation Guide of Ubuntu 8.04LTS Server Edition

Dougie Richardson ddrichardson at btinternet.com
Tue Sep 2 18:02:50 UTC 2008

Ubuntu supports NTFS and has done for some time. I would recommend that
unless you intend to keep the data on your partitions you utilize a more
redundant file system in a server environment, certainly journalized, such
as Ext2/3.

If you intend to install this on a stand alone system alongside windows,
known as dual booting, then you need to be aware of the following:

-          The i385 architecture supports only 4 primary partitions, so in
your case one needs to be removed.

-          Repartitioning is best done inside Vista.

There is a section of the online help that will guide you -
https://help.ubuntu.com/8.04/switching/dualboot.html

Cheers,

Dougie

  _____