more testing of the new wiki theme

Andrew Sayers andrew-bugs.launchpad.net at pileofstuff.org
Wed Oct 22 11:35:02 UTC 2008

Matthew East wrote:
> Hi Andrew
>
> On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 10:40 AM, Andrew Sayers
> <andrew-ubuntu-doc at pileofstuff.org> wrote:
>> I did a quick test on Safari/Mac, and spotted two problems with the
>> "show editing options" box: it doesn't have a rounded corner, and
>> obscures some options on my narrow screen.  I've attached screenshots
>> showing the problem.
>
> Ok, thanks. I'm not sure how to fix either of these problems to be
> honest, but I'm glad that the theme didn't have more serious issues on
> Safari!! I guess it would be helpful to set up a Launchpad project for
> our moin themes in order to track issues like these. I will have a
> think about that.
>
>> P.S. is there any news about alerts being put up on the site?
>
> Not yet - you can track the status here:
>
> https://rt.ubuntu.com/Ticket/Display.html?id=3113

The problem with obscuring options seems not to be so much a Safari
issue as a small window issue (try resizing Firefox to 800x600).  One
solution you could try would be to have the current "show editing
options" <ul> be hidden completely when the editing options are shown,
to be replaced by another "hide editing options" <ul>  within the
editing options bar itself.  Floating that element to the right would
allow it to be in the appropriate place as well as letting text flow
around it.

	- Andrew