RIP Mentoring Programme

Dustin Kirkland dustin.kirkland at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 15:35:30 UTC 2008

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 5:08 PM, Matthew East <mdke at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> +1. I think that we should keep the concept of mentoring, because it
> encourages people. But we should abandon this idea that it's necessary
> for the mentee to email the list, get a response, be formally assigned
> to a mentor, be given a task, etc. It's too formal, too much overhead,
> and it's much simpler and effective to encourage people to dive in and
> help them out as much as possible.

I couldn't agree more...  I have contemplated un-subscribing from this
list several times due to the level of traffic of
mentee-introductions.  While I'm happy and proud that we have that
many people interested in joining the Ubuntu documentation project,
the traffic isn't terribly useful for broadcast on this list.

:-Dustin