RIP Mentoring Programme

Jon me at jonwatson.ca
Wed Nov 26 18:11:15 UTC 2008

Hi,

Being new, I agree that the process is kind of backwards. When first
joining, its not really obvious what has to be done or how to do it. It
makes sense for people to hang around a bit to get a feel for who's who
and what's what.

The only real reason I am responding to this is that Phil mentions that
he gets few replies to his initial email. I have yet to receive an
initial email - was I supposed to? Perhaps I am misunderstanding or
perhaps there is a reason the replies are low if they're not being
delivered for some reason.

I like the flow of the new page. I've been mostly poking at the wiki
because I haven't had the time to invest to figure out what applications
or technologies I need to learn to get into the documentation proper and
I see some points about that on the page. I'll make use of those.

Thanks

Jon