Replace wiki.ubuntu.com with help.ubuntu.com/commmunity

Marc Kaplan marcdkaplan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 03:08:22 UTC 2008

Bryce:

Please understand that this was just an idea that I had that I was
tossing around.  Based on the feedback received, I've since dropped
it, which is why I haven't responded to this thread.  As far as I'm
concerned, Matt's email pretty much closed that issue.

Regarding the Home Page changes, the emails that you refer to were was
from only one person.  You are so far only the second person to say
something.  The Team Home Page is a launching pad for all the Team
Documentation.  Once the WikiGuide is completed for formatting, a link
will be added to the main menu.  However, the thought process behind
the changes was to prevent duplication and ease of updating.  There
was no reason to update the Home Page when it was already being done
on other locations.

In order to make sure that the changes were discussed prior to them
being implemented, I added comments to the code stating that the page
was undergoing a change.  By adding the comments, anyone tracking
changes to the page was automatically notified.  That comment, and the
test version was left up for at least a week, maybe two prior to
making the switch over.  It was my understanding that those who update
and monitor the page's changes are the ones that would have the most
issue.

I truly regret any inconvenience that this may have caused, and
understand your issue about having to click on multiple links.
However these modifications were made because the community has chosen
to move this information to other locations.

Marc K.
Documentation/Wiki Team