searching docs

Dustin Kirkland dustin.kirkland at gmail.com
Thu May 8 01:59:22 UTC 2008

On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 12:55 PM, Matthew Nuzum
<matthew.nuzum at canonical.com> wrote:
> I'm working on the implementation of the search engine for the ubuntu
> websites.

Hi Matthew-

Whatever prioritizing you end up deciding upon given the feedback you
decide here, please configure the CSE to present filters with the
search results, as you can see in my prototype:

http://people.ubuntu.com/~kirkland/search.html?cx=003883529982892832976%3Aly2fmeg302s&cof=FORID%3A9&q=dvd+playback&sa=Search

I think it's incredibly useful to be able to filter the results, and
_only_ see those from the Official Docs, the Wiki, or the Forum, or
Bugs, etc.

Name them and associate them with the sites you use appropriately, of
course ;-)  Thanks!

Cheers,
:-Dustin