doc mentoring wiki, minor tweaking

Eddie Martinez eddiemartinez at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 06:37:17 UTC 2008

hi Jim. Is there a way we can restructure the wiki to emphazise the wiki
ToDO or Getting Started sections? This and the initial conversation which
Phil covers as you mentioned, is the majority of the emails I see sent from
potential members, which should... be an issue, for lack of better way to
put it.

Just a thought

-Eddie M.

On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 1:29 AM, Jim Campbell <jwcampbell at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> This is mostly for Phil, but wanted to note that I added a snippet to the
> wiki for potential mentees:
>
> <snip>
> When you introduce yourself, please mention what flavor of Ubuntu you use
> (e.g., K/X/Ed/Ubuntu, or Ubuntu Server Edition), and if there's any
> particular area of documentation that you'd like to work on. (It's ok if you
> aren't sure what part of the documentation you'd like to work on, though.)
> </snip>
>
> Given that Phil generally asks these questions of new potential mentees
> after their initial email to the documentation mailing list, I thought that
> maybe this could help speed things along.  Feel free to tweak this if you'd
> like.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jim

Encryption Key (GPG PID): 19983D83
This has been an Eddie Martinez production.
<Please exit in an orderly fashion>