Member and mentoring request

Phil Bull philbull at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 21:06:27 UTC 2008

Hi Martin,

On Sat, 2008-03-01 at 11:20 +0100, Martin Pihl wrote:
> My name is Martin Pihl, and I am from Denmark. I have been active in
the
> Ubuntu community a couple of years now, and has recently thought about
> contributing in some new area. My main contribution the last two years
> have been buiding the main Danish Ubuntu site (http://ubuntudanmark) and
> the Danish webforum, which essentially is a Danish equivalent to
> ubuntuforums.org. There's a LOT of work to do on the site, but now I
> need to do something of s more international character for a while.
>
> So I choose the Doc Team :) While helping with documentation I might
> also learn new stuff, and that's always a good thing ;) I would also
> like to join the mentoring program. The main reason for this is because
> I have all this work with the above site, so I think it would be much
> easier to get into the Documentation work fast, if I have someone to ask
> questions to more directly rather than a mailinglist with tens of mails
> each day :)
>
> I will work with whatever that needs to be done, but thought
> proofreading and testing documentation would be a good place to start,
> isn't that correct?
>
> I have also applied the Launchpad ubuntu-doc-students team for membership.

Welcome to the team! Proofreading is certainly a great way to help out
at this stage in the release cycle; we need to check absolutely
everything for correctness, so the more eyes the better.

There are a couple of people working on proofreading a few sections
already (mostly Internet and Music, Videos and Photos), so you can help
out with those sections if you like.

Alternatively, I don't think anyone has had a look at the following yet:

      * Keeping Your Computer Safe
      * New to Ubuntu?
      * Office
      * Printing, Faxing and Scanning

Please let us know if you'd like any help getting started, or have questions on anything at all.

Thanks,

Phil

--
Phil Bull