Member and mentoring request

Martin Pihl martin at martinpihl.dk
Sat Mar 1 10:20:58 UTC 2008

Hi all

My name is Martin Pihl, and I am from Denmark. I have been active in the
Ubuntu community a couple of years now, and has recently thought about
contributing in some new area. My main contribution the last two years
have been buiding the main Danish Ubuntu site (http://ubuntudanmark) and
the Danish webforum, which essentially is a Danish equivalent to
ubuntuforums.org. There's a LOT of work to do on the site, but now I
need to do something of s more international character for a while.

So I choose the Doc Team :) While helping with documentation I might
also learn new stuff, and that's always a good thing ;) I would also
like to join the mentoring program. The main reason for this is because
I have all this work with the above site, so I think it would be much
easier to get into the Documentation work fast, if I have someone to ask
questions to more directly rather than a mailinglist with tens of mails
each day :)

I will work with whatever that needs to be done, but thought
proofreading and testing documentation would be a good place to start,
isn't that correct?

I have also applied the Launchpad ubuntu-doc-students team for membership.

Hope to hear from you soon ;)

Kind regards
Martin