Announcement - help.ubuntu.com changes

Charles Davis oldsoldier at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 19:01:15 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-06-27 at 13:03 +0100, Andrew Glen-Young wrote:
> Hello All.
>
> At 11h33 BST this morning the help.ubuntu.com wiki was successfully migrated to
> a MoinMoin 1.6 installation.
>
> Below is a brief list of changes and known issues.
>
> Changes:
>
>  * Launchpad OpenId authentication for users.
>  * The wiki markup has changed a little. The migration scripts should have
>    converted the markup to the newer version (see Known Issues for the
>    exceptions).
>
> Known Issues:
>
>  * Table of Contents is now generated with a 'Contents' header - this means that
>    any ToC that are currently being used may have two 'Contents' headers.
>  * Some source block markup will not render as expected.
>
> Please review the wiki syntax documentation for the changes:
>   https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HelpOnMoinWikiSyntax
>
> Full ChangeLog is available on the MoinMoin site:
>   http://hg.moinmo.in/moin/1.6/raw-file/1.6.3/docs/CHANGES
>
> Regards.
> Andrew Glen-Young
Hello Andrew,
Great Job!
After some initial cleanup and getting familiar with the quirks of the
new version I'm sure we'll all be happy with it.

Could you tell me who to contact about fixing the tabs on
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ ? they list hardy as 8.04 on this
section of the help wiki while in the root
section,https://help.ubuntu.com they are shown as 8.04LTS.

I mentioned this issue earlier but I think it probably got lost in the
message traffic and overlooked. I'm hesitant to file a bug over it since
I'm sure someone here can fix it. (just not me )

Regards,
--
Chuck
OpenPGP Key ID:1024D/19B4CF71