Maintenance Idea - Wiki

Leo Iannacone leo.iannacone at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 07:41:32 UTC 2008

Jonathan Jesse ha scritto:

> On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 11:03 PM, <indigo196 at rochester.rr.com
> <mailto:indigo196 at rochester.rr.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hello all:
>
>     My first poke in the list...
>
>     I would like to discuss the need to make the wiki more easily
>     maintainable.
>
>     When I was first starting to use Ubuntu (and Linux seriously) I
>     had some issues with finding documentation that was out of date
>     due to it being for an old version.
>
>     I would like to suggest adding a category for the version of
>     Ubuntu that the documentation was created under or last reviewed
>     for. This would have the double benefit of making it clear to
>     users what version it was written for and making it easier for
>     maintainers to find pages that need 'checking' and/or revision.
>
>     Potentially this can be done by using the version name
>     "CategoryHardyHeron" or potentially it could be done by using a
>     more generic "CategoryLTS", "CategoryCurrentVersion",
>     "CategoryARchivedVersions"... or some other idea I have not
>     thought of.
>
>     Other than that - hello to everyone and please let me know how I
>     can assist.
>
>     Thanks,
>     PrivateVoid
>
>     --
>

> I would vote for that idea as well.  There should be a way at look
> then at all CategoryArchivedVersions and removing pages that deal w/
> Breezy, etc
In italian wiki we have developed a new macro to include in the page
"the supported releases".
An example is here -> http://wiki.ubuntu-it.org/Programmazione/Java
(It's under TableOfContets (modified ;), you could read "Versioni
supportate" (tran. "Supported releases")
It's a nice way to control deprecated pages.

If you want, I can give the code of macro.

Leo.

- --
Administrator of Ubuntu Italian Wiki.
GPG Key ID: 1024D/D59257A9
Key fingerprint: DC75 469F 4831 4293 81A4 423C 6884 31F6 D592 57A9
More info: http://wiki.ubuntu.com/LeoIannacone