Introduction

Phil Bull philbull at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 16:11:40 UTC 2008

Hi Mike,

On Mon, 2008-06-09 at 20:29 -0500, Mike wrote:
> I just wanted to send a short introduction. My name is Mike and I have
> recently joined the mailing list. My real job is Director of Training at
> a mid-sized company and I have written many a training manual so I feel
> I may have something to contribute.
>
> I have been using Linux for several years and using Ubuntu for the last
> two years based on the fantastic community and stellar documentation. :)
> I am currently running Hardy.
>
> Despite having used Linux for several years it has been a distinctly
> "non-power user" role so I am by no means a technical guru. This makes
> me a perfect guinea pig for looking at documentation from a newer user
> perspective.
>
> I would be very interested in getting a docuMentor to help me walk those
> first few steps into the fun world of documentation.
>
> Thanks and I look forward to contributing.

Welcome! Do you have any ideas on how you'd like to help out with the
documentation? You can find some ideas here [1].

The mentoring is shared between the members of the team, so feel free to
ask questions to this mailing list. Alternatively, you can email me and
I'll reply myself or pass you on to the appropriate person.

Thanks,

Phil

[1] - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam

--