Security Section - Modifications

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Tue Jan 29 12:48:57 UTC 2008

Hiya,

On Jan 25, 2008 1:37 AM, Phil Bull <philbull at gmail.com> wrote:
> I had a little play with this the other day. It would be reasonable to
> use different emphasis methods, such as italics or underlining, but my
> concern is that this isn't really a very "DocBook" way of doing things.
> Ideally, we'd markup the input with one tag and the output with another,
> as I see you've discussed with Adam.
>
> It might be worth asking about modifying the Yelp stylesheet so that the
> tag corresponding to input is formatted differently. Which of the tags
> you've investigated seem most appropriate, and are any of them formatted
> differently already?

Thanks you guys for taking this forward. Just a brief comment - I do
think that at the moment we use an awful lot of different docbook tags
- in order to keep contribution simple I think we should strive where
possible to limit the number of tags adopted, even if that isn't the
"docbook way". If we can evolve a basic set of tags which can broadly
speaking be adapted for use in all situations, I think that would be
desirable.

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org