Question on removing CategoryCleanup tag.

Matthew East mdke at
Tue Jan 29 10:27:46 UTC 2008

Hi there Reid,

On Jan 27, 2008 5:35 PM, Miller, Reid A. <RAMILLER at> wrote:
> I've spent time updating, cleaning, and I've tied them all together (mainly
> at EclipseIDE) and have edited them according to

Great, thanks for your work and welcome to the team.

> However, the
> WikiCleanup page does not give any recommendations for when a person is
> supposed to remove the CategoryCleanup tag. I am wondering if the
> Documentation Team could help advise whether the guides I've been working on
> are ready to have the CategoryCleanup tag taken off them. If not, what
> additional ways do they need to be edited to merit getting off the
> CategoryCleanup list?

I guess what we generally do is to ask people to post the article to
this mailing list, as you've done, and ask for comments. I've had a
quick browse through the pages, and I think you've done great work on
them, they are definitely suitable for taking off the tag.

A couple of things you might like to consider:

1. Think about having a page "Eclipse" and making the other pages
subpages of it, e.g. Eclipse/PHP etc. Would that work?

2. Try and make clear at the start of each page which versions of
Ubuntu the page applies to (as per - we are hoping to
set up an easy way to do this graphically soon but in the meantime
perhaps you can just spell it out.

Thanks again

Matthew East