Server Guide : Wiki, MoinMoin

Laurent Dullier laurent.dullier at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 19:04:36 UTC 2008

Hi,

I would like to make some remarks about the following page
https://help.ubuntu.com/8.10/serverguide/C/moinmoin.html

I made the installation of MoinMoin as explained in the documentation.
I found two problems :

1. the default value for "data_underalay_dir" defined in
/etc/moin/farmconfig.py has to be changed. In the doc, you specified
the change for "data_dir"  (data_dir = '/usr/share/moin/mywiki/data')
(which is correct) but not for "data_underlay_dir".
For my installation I put data_underlay_dir='/usr/share/moin/mywiki/underlay'.

2. You specified the following apache configuration :
### moin
  ScriptAlias /mywiki "/usr/share/moin/mywiki/moin.cgi"
  alias /wiki "/usr/share/moin/htdocs"
  <Directory /usr/share/moin/htdocs>
  Order allow,deny
  allow from all
  </Directory>
### end moin

The alias '/wiki' has to be set to the value found in
/etc/moin/farmconfig.py for the "url_prefix_static" parameter.
By default, this parameter is not defined in "farmconfig.py" and the
value is '/moin_static171'. So the apache configuration should be :

### moin
  ScriptAlias /mywiki "/usr/share/moin/mywiki/moin.cgi"
  alias /moin_static171 "/usr/share/moin/htdocs"
  <Directory /usr/share/moin/htdocs>
  Order allow,deny
  allow from all
  </Directory>
### end moin

or the farmconfig.py file has to be changed to adapt the
url_prefix_static value to '/wiki'.

Kind regards,

Laurent Dullier