Mentoring Program

Phil Bull philbull at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 22:17:36 UTC 2008

Hi Matt,

On Mon, 2008-08-18 at 23:32 +0100, Matthew East wrote:
> Here is my idea for the structure of the pages under
> DocumentationTeam. The home page would be a simple explanation of the
> different areas of our work.
>
> /SystemDocumentation
>   - /Introduction - brief explanation to processes and other pages in
> this section.
>   - /Repository - explains how to get our bzr branches and work with
> bzr, also what documents exist and where to find them
>   - /Editing - explains the basics of docbook and how to edit files
>   - /Checking - explains how to view the edited files and use the
> validation script
>   - /Submitting - explains how to create a patch and file a bug or
> write to the mailing list
>   - /Tasks - list of system documentation only tasks

Sounds good.

> The material from the TechnicalReview process would go in here
> somewhere (probably with "Editing") but I think it's currently a bit
> too complicated, I'd like to eliminate the "status" page (we can use
> the status tags in the xml for that if required) and simplify the
> process a bit.

I don't think that the tech review material should be put in with the
DocBook editing stuff because people can review the documentation
without concerning themselves with DocBook (e.g. via h.u.c) and because
the article would end up being too long. Perhaps it would go with the
"Checking" section instead?

Thanks,

Phil

--