Mentoring Program

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Fri Aug 15 20:36:58 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 9:23 PM, Dougie Richardson
<ddrichardson at btinternet.com> wrote:
> If we created
> a small tutorial branch containing a couple of pages and a tutorial covering
> the fundamentals in a step by step guide, we could eliminate the need for
> hand holding and increase student confidence to tackle bugs. I am more than
> happy to draft a page over the weekend and create a little practice branch
> in my LP page.

This exists already - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam/Contribute

I feel quite strongly that we should focus on ensuring that our
existing pages are clear for new students rather than creating more
pages. The aim should be for students to be able to read the minimum
of material which is phrased as clearly as possible.

Feedback from potential students who are having problems with
navigating and understanding our pages would be helpful there, but
otherwise we should try and read the pages and put ourselves in the
position of someone coming to them anew.

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org