Administrative Tasks

Dougie Richardson ddrichardson at btinternet.com
Wed Apr 30 13:06:51 UTC 2008

Hi All,

After looking over Bug #224518, there is an entry in the last section of
Administrative Tasks section that I think should be removed but thought
I'd see what everyone else thinks.

The "Using sudo at the command line" section says: "To use a root
terminal, type sudo -i at the command line.". Ubuntu was designed not to
utilise the Root account by default and as this information is in the
Wiki (linked to from the first page of this section) I think it should
be removed.

Cheers,
--
Dougie Richardson (http://lynxworks.eu)

"Well, then, " the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry,
and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and
wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."