Documentation mentoring programme - Chris Wallis

Chris Wallis linux at c-tek.org
Wed Apr 30 09:14:36 UTC 2008

Hi my name is Chris Wallis and I am based in Canberra Australia soon to be
Melbourne Australia. I am keen to start contributing to the documentation
of my favorite distribution and be more active in the open source
community as a whole. I would find the documentation mentoring programme a
good chance to learn and be active in the Ubuntu community.

As far as my history with Ubuntu goes. I had a mate who worked for
Canonical in the initial launch stages with contributions to GNU Arch and
Bazaa. I have seen the project grown from a straight Debian fork (First
public release) to it own entity.

I am a keen fan of Gnome desktop and would like to focus on end user
desktop applications and well known server applications such as Apache -
Bind - Squid. Stuff that would be used by a day to day Network
Administrator. As a very frustrated Windows Administrator in my day to day
life. I know very well that good documentation is one key of getting Linux
into Enterprise environments (& keeping management happy ;) ). If I
contribute in some little form for a Debian based distribution to get
penetration into enterprise I will be a happy man and a much happier
system administrator!

Anyhow congrats on the latest release by the way. Hope to hear from the
project soon in regards to the programme.

Regards

Chris Wallis
Canberra Australia
Mob:   +61 403 782 628