Help in screencasting with FFmpeg

Chris Lasher chris.lasher at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 23:54:55 UTC 2008

Ever since upgrading to Ubuntu 7.10 I've had tremendous difficulty
creating screencasts with FFmpeg, which I had a lot of success with
before. I was hoping 8.04 would bring about a solution, but it doesn't
seem to be the case, at least for me. I've documented my challenges in
the following bug report

https://roundup.mplayerhq.hu/roundup/ffmpeg/issue348

I am hoping some of the Ubuntu screencasting team will see this and at
least help out by confirming or denying this issue on their system. To
do this you will need to compile FFmpeg from upstream SVN since the
FFmpeg package for Ubuntu is still not compiled with x11grab enabled.
You can find the directions to do this here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ffmpeg

I would really appreciate any help on this.

Thanks,
Chris