writing an easier documentation page for installing from USB flash drive

Dean Sas dean at deansas.org
Sun Apr 27 23:40:34 UTC 2008

Alexander van Loon wrote:
> This has already seen some discussion on the devel-discuss mailing list
> here, so instead of repeating everything what was said I'll just give
> this link -
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel-discuss/2008-April/003897.html - to the discussion there. Please read those e-mails to the list and the blog post I referred to in my e-mail.
>
> My questions to the documentation team are:
>
>       * Is the documentation team interested in writing an 'official'
>         documentation page for help.ubuntu.com which covers installation
>         of Ubuntu from a USB flash drive?

I assume by 'official' you mean a non-wiki document? There's no real
difference between the two, except one is easily edited via a web ui,
and the other is edited as XML and is included in the system docs.

We already have a wiki page covering installing from usb disk and I feel
that that's probably the best place for it. If that page could be
improved then please do!

>       * Does the documentation team have the power to get a link added
>         on the ISO image download page of www.ubuntu.com which links to
>         that page?

That's down to the ubuntu webmasters - you could file that as a bug on
the ubuntu-website launchpad product.

Thanks,

Dean