technical review

Phil Bull philbull at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 19:07:42 UTC 2008

Hi guys,

On Sun, 2008-04-27 at 10:58 -0700, Nick Ellery wrote:
> I think that you do actually have a point.  The problem with this is
> that new members of the team like myself have nothing to work on until
> a release comes near.  Perhaps there is something else that we can be
> assigned to in that time.

I agree to some extent that tech reviewing now isn't as effective as
reviewing at the end of the release cycle. However, much of the
documentation hasn't been reviewed in a while (if ever). Since most of
the documentation is unlikely to be changed significantly (or to be
affected by changes during Intrepid), we may as well review it now for
errors. It's hardly wasted effort, because most of the reviewers are new
contributors who can use tech reviewing as a way to gain familiarity
with our tools, docs and processes.

If people feel that it's too early to start tech reviewing the Ubuntu
documentation, why not take a look at the GNOME docs?

Thanks,

Phil

--
Phil Bull