ServerGuide - windows-networking.xml

Adam Sommer asommer70 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 20:07:33 UTC 2008

Hello,

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 3:41 PM, bamed <bamed at bamed.org> wrote:

> I'm new around here, and still not 100% sure I'm doing this right.  I've
> downloaded the Bazaar repositories and done some editing to the
> windows-networking.xml file in the ServerGuide.  I followed the instructions
> on the Wiki and made a bundle to update the repositories.  And according to
> the wiki, I'm sending that bundle to the mailing list.  Let me know if I'm
> doing this right or not.
> Thanks,
> bamed

I apologize for not getting back to you sooner, I've been caught up in the
day job for the last couple of days.  Thanks for submitting the patch, those
examples do have the wrong DocBook tags.  However, I don't think the
<screen> and <command> tags are the best tags.  We have had some discussion
on which tags to use to describe which kind of content, and we came up with
some rough guidelines.

For examples showing command syntax the <command> tags are used inside of
<screen> tags.  If the example needs to display the output of the command
the <computeroutput> tag inside <screen> are used.  For configuration files
the <programlisting> tag is appropriate.  Some of these guidelines are
documented here [1].

So if you could change your diff to use <programlisting> for the
configuration examples, I'll go ahead and commit the diff.  Everything else
looks great, thank you for working on that.  The Windows Networking section
is definitely in need of some attention for Intrepid :-).

Thanks again.

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam/StyleGuide/DocbookConventions

--
Party On,