Clicking link "Using Removable Media" is very slow to load

Phil Bull philbull at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 15:21:07 UTC 2008

Hi Lloyd,

On Thu, 2008-04-17 at 09:48 -0700, Lloyd Budd wrote:
> In installed help clicking the link "Using Removable Media" in
> Mounting and Unmounting Devices is very slow to load. I counted aloud
> 19 seconds, even though I had just visited that link and then had
> pressed back. This is on a newer PC (Dell E520). There is no
> indication that it is even working on loading it, but even then this
> length of time is problematic.

This link also loads slowly for me, ~13 seconds. It's probably because
Yelp has to parse the whole GNOME user guide before it can display that
section.

The only way I can think of speeding things up is to carve the GNOME
user guide up into small chunks that aren't bound together as a single
DocBook entity (probably a "book"). This would be quite a big job,
though.

Thanks,

Phil

--