request for review: hardy release candidate announcement

Steve Langasek steve.langasek at canonical.com
Wed Apr 16 22:21:27 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 05:09:29PM -0500, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 05:00:20PM -0500, Matt Zimmerman wrote:

> > This looks like an unmodified copy of the 7.10 announcement; I assume you
> > meant:

> > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardyHeron/RCAnnouncement

> I made a few minor corrections directly.  Also:

>  * "The Ubuntu 8.04 family of variants, Kubuntu, Xubuntu, UbuntuStudio, and
>    Mythbuntu, also reach beta status today."

>    beta?

Corrected, thanks for catching this.

>  * "KVM is now part of the official Ubuntu kernel"

>    Wasn't this already true in 7.10?  I think the difference is that the
>    userland application is now fully integrated.

This originates with a comment Nick Barcet had added to the release notes
back in Alpha 4:

 == Virtualization ==
  * KVM is now officially maintained within the Ubuntu kernel.

So if KVM was enabled in the kernel for 7.10, then I'm not sure what was
meant here; cc:ing Nick for clarification.

Thanks,