request for review: hardy release candidate announcement

Matt Zimmerman mdz at canonical.com
Wed Apr 16 22:09:29 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 05:00:20PM -0500, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 02:40:35PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > I've posted a first draft of a release candidate announcement mail for
> > hardy:
> >
> >    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/GutsyGibbon/RCAnnouncement
>
> This looks like an unmodified copy of the 7.10 announcement; I assume you
> meant:
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardyHeron/RCAnnouncement

I made a few minor corrections directly.  Also:

 * "The Ubuntu 8.04 family of variants, Kubuntu, Xubuntu, UbuntuStudio, and
   Mythbuntu, also reach beta status today."

   beta?

 * "KVM is now part of the official Ubuntu kernel"

   Wasn't this already true in 7.10?  I think the difference is that the
   userland application is now fully integrated.

--
 - mdz