Moin and Wiki / Improving Accessibility

Mauricio Hernandez Z. mhz at ubuntu.com
Tue Apr 15 03:46:25 UTC 2008

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 12:40 PM, Milo Casagrande
<milo_casagrande at yahoo.it> wrote:

>  Il giorno lun, 14/04/2008 alle 11.31 -0400, Mauricio Hernandez Z. ha
>  scritto:
>
> > However, I wanted to bring this to your attention because I thought it
>  > may add "one more argument" towards accepting some Moin features and
>  > hopefully migrating! (FYI, Moin current version is 1.6.x but we are
>  > still using 1.3.4):
>
>  Just a little note: they are working on the 1.7 version that should be
>  out around May (?) and has, among lots of improvments, OpenID support,
>  Creole markup, restructured-text...

Indeed, "current" released-stable version is 1.6.x :)
Moin 1.7 WILL ROCK!

>  A migration would be wonderful, but we need to keep in mind that from
>  1.3/1.5.3 to 1.6 there has been a markup change in Moin... a migration
>  would invole using a rather new version like 1.5.8/9 and then move to
>  1.6/1.7.

yes, I know. Migrating is something huge. There are a couple of ideas
you, me, and more people may bring to discussion about how to do it
smoothly, BUT we are so tied to what Sysadmins on datacenter will end
up deciding.

<snip>

--
Cordialmente,

Mauricio Hernandez Z.

[Mail escrito sin caracteres especiales o acentos para evitar
conflictos de lectura entre sistemas]