Mentoring program

Catherine Barabas ce.barabas at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 13:44:37 UTC 2008

Greetings.

My name is Cathy Barabas and I would very much like to join the
documentation mentoring program.  I've been using Ubuntu for about three
years now and really want to give back to the community.  A close associate
suggested I apply to help with documentation since my programming skills are
very limited.  I'm not quite sure which part of the documentation I could
help with, but I do have excellent editing skills.  Additionally, Hungarian
is my second language and I speak, read and write it with relative ease, so
I could help with translations as well.

A little about me:  I live in the US.  I started out my college career (20
years ago) as a programmer.  Not quite sure why I decided it wasn't for me
because now I am trying to develop some programming skills.  I was an
exclusive Windows and PC user for 15 years until some new friends introduced
me to open source in general and Linux in particular.  I went through three
other Linux flavors until I settled on Ubuntu.  It's the most "user
friendly" flavor of Linux currently available.  I've actually been able to
"convert" some coworkers to Ubuntu. :-)  Back to the "was an exclusive
Windows and PC user" thing.  I'm also a new Mac convert.  I hadn't touched
an Apple machine since high school.  I wasn't into media, so why use
Apple/Mac, right?  Now that Mac can do everything a PC can do, only better
(including running Windows), I figured what the heck.  I love my Mac.  But I
do still have a PC at home that I built from scratch as a gaming machine.
It's not the best or the fastest, but it runs WoW fairly well.  :-)

Thanks for your time.

Cheers,
Cathy