New to the Documentation Team list. Requesting a Mentor

Adam Sommer asommer70 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 21:05:51 UTC 2008

Hello,

I've CC'd Adam Sommer, who should be able to tell you about what needs
> to be done with the server guide over the next release cycle.

We've started gathering ideas for new sections to the Server Guide in the
Documentation Area of the Server Team Idea Pool [1].  Feel free to work on
any that interest you, or add more ideas to the list.  One of the main areas
that needs more content and updates is the Windows Networking section.  So
far it's okay, but doesn't cover many specifics.  I'd like to update it with
instructions for some of the most common Samba configurations PDC, File
Server, Print Server, etc.

Anyway, please have a look through the guide [2] and feel free to work on
whichever areas interest you.  The Doc Team Repository page is a  great
place to get started diving into DocBook :-) [3].

Just let us know if you have any questions.

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/IdeaPool
[2] http://doc.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/serverguide/C/index.html
[3] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam/Repository

--