Draft: Gutsy beta release announcement

Steve Langasek steve.langasek at canonical.com
Wed Sep 26 09:34:40 UTC 2007

Hi all,

The Gutsy Beta release is a day away, and so it's time to collect our
thoughts and tell our users all about it this shiny new release.

Attached is a draft for the beta release announcement mail.  I would
appreciate your review of this draft to help more clearly communicate to
users why they should give this beta a try.

A few notes on the text.  I have one bit of language that I'm not thrilled
with marked with a 'FIXME', feedback on this would be particularly welcome.
The download urls have not yet been vetted at all, but copied directly from
the Feisty beta announcement.  And two of the wiki pages mentioned in the
mail, <https://help.ubuntu.com/community/GutsyUpgrades> and
<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/GutsyGibbon/Beta>, do not yet exist.  Help in
collating the information for these pages would also be welcome.