Mentoring signup

Phil Bull philbull at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 16:37:21 UTC 2007

Hi Joel,

On Sun, 2007-09-23 at 12:00 -0300, Joel Goguen wrote:
> I just finished up the iptables documentation[1], the commands were
> written for a root shell and there was a section that would have either
> confused users, broken NetworkManager, or both.  Both seemed to be a bad
> idea.  If someone could review and give me some feedback I'd appreciate
> it.

Nice work! I'm no expert on iptables I'm afraid, so I can't review the
content for correctness, but the formatting looks good and your changes
all seemed reasonable. As far as I'm concerned, this page can be removed
from CategoryCleanup (just delete the link at the bottom).

Also, could you add a title and a table of contents? For the former, use
the following as the *very first* line on the wiki page:

#title Short descriptive page title

For the latter, copy the whole of the line which ends with
"[[TableOfContents(2)]]||" from [1], which should be line 7, and paste
it near the top of the IPTables page. You might need to change the '2'
to a '3' (this denotes how many levels the TOC shows).

Thanks,

Phil

[1] - https://help.ubuntu.com/community/?action=raw

--