New potential recruit

M.P. lhademmor at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 15:03:25 UTC 2007

Hi all.
My normal username is Lhademmor, and I'm from Denmark.
I'd be interested in helping out the Documentation Team - mainly because I,
as a casual Windozer, needed a lot of help to get used to Ubuntu myself, and
in order to spread the word we need as good documentation as possible :)

I'm currently running Feisty on my IBM ThinkPad R51 laptop, while still
retaining Windows XP on my stationary until Creative starts releasing
Linux-driverse for their X-Fi series of sound cards...

I'm generally open to all tasks, but my main areas of 'expertise' would be
translation English-Danish and working with wiki's (I'm administrator of the
Danish Wikipedia btw).

I also have one question: As a wikipedian I wondered why you use the
MoinMoin engine (which I am not very familiar with) instead of, say,
MediaWiki? I personally find the MediaWiki GUI much more intuitive than
MoinMoin, but maybe you have other reasons? For the record, a
MediaWiki-Ubuntu-wiki exists [1], and probably others as well. I was
thinking about reviving said MediaWiki-Ubuntu-wiki, but on the other hand it
may be more constructive to clean up the official wiki - which I find a bit
messy.

What are your orders? ;)

[1] http://en.ubuntu.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page