Community help wikis per release

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Thu Oct 18 21:00:50 UTC 2007

Hi,

On 18/10/2007, Adam Sommer <asommer70 at gmail.com> wrote:
>  I just did a MoinMoin install on Gutsy (moinmoin-1.5.7), and noticed that
> you can select a Category when you edit a page.  A potential issue with the
> current feature I see is that it lists all available Categories, which can
> be quite a long list.  I'm not sure if this is enough of a reason to
> upgrade

Adam, that's been a feature of MoinMoin since the early days and is
certainly included in the version used on the Ubuntu wiki.

> but I'll look into coding a way to limit the number of categories
> to choose from.  Or adding another selection box for release categories,
> because some people may use the large list.

Using the current drop down box system wouldn't work for what we want
to do - at the moment those drop down boxes simply add the text of the
category (e.g. "CategoryDocteam") to the page, whereas we'd be looking
for something a bit more sophisticated. Have a look at the spec and
get yourself a bit more used to MoinMoin and see if you have any
thoughts on how the spec envisages doing things.

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org