Community help wikis per release

yannick sevmek at free.fr
Thu Oct 18 14:45:50 UTC 2007

Le jeudi 18 octobre 2007 à 10:05 -0400, Mathias Gug a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> Going through some wiki pages from help.ubuntu.com/community/ shows that
> there is a lot of content related to specific releases (such as, for
> feisty do this, for gutsy do that, for hoary do another thing, etc...).
> Sometimes it's even hard to figure out which release the page has been
> written for.
>
> System documentation and official guides are classified
> according to releases. Could we setup something similar for the
> community pages ?
>
> I thought about having a wiki instance per release: The Feisty community
> pages, the Gutsy community pages, etc... At the beginning of each release
> cycle, a new wiki instance would be created, with all the pages copied
> from the previous release wiki. All pages could be marked with a specific
> Category (CategoryReview).

Hi,

In the french wiki, we use tags for that. It's easy to add a Category
per version. IMHO, duplicate of pages is a waste of space if there is no
change. Having one page for each topic is also easier to maintain. If
something is specific for one version, you can add a specific section in
the page.

Regards,
Yannick

--
Me joindre en téléphonie IP / vidéoconférence ?
sip:yannick at ekiga.net
Logiciel de VoIP Ekiga : http://www.ekiga.org
http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Which_programs_work_with_Ekiga_%3F