Request for proofreading of release announcement mail

Steve Langasek steve.langasek at canonical.com
Thu Oct 18 00:09:02 UTC 2007

Hi Vadim,

On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 08:06:14AM -0400, Vadim Peretokin wrote:
> This might somewhat silly, but I had a few people ask me "Which version of
> Ubuntu do I get?", them all being on laptops. Could it say - "Ubuntu is a
> Linux distribution for your desktop, laptop or server" - since that doesn't
> specify the versions of Ubuntu explicitly, it should be fine.

Doesn't sound silly to me at all, but I'd like Matt's opinion before making
this change.  Of course the current meaning of "desktop" here is "computers
running a desktop environment" rather than "desktop computers", so while
confusing I want to be sure this change in meaning is ok before committing.