Ubuntu-Doc license?

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Mon Mar 12 08:26:31 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Mon, 2007-03-12 at 09:19 +0100, Jean-Christophe Berthon wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I went through the wiki guide to verify under which license are the
> documentation attributed. I mean, when we write something in the wiki,
> under which license will it be published? Is it copyrighted by each
> contributor?
> My problem is also related to what external content we can copy and
> paste in the wiki. If there is someone writing a blog article that
> could just fit in the wiki (just like this one). The editor has
> released his work under a creative common by-nc-sa 3.0 license. Is it
> compatible with the wiki license?

The wiki is currently unlicensed. However, we are working on changing
that, and will soon be sending out an email to announce the licensing of
the wiki under cc-by-sa.

The (non-free) by-nc-sa is not compatible with that, so you won't be
able to copy material from that blog.

Matt
--
http://www.mdke.org