basic commands patch

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Sat Jul 28 21:49:48 UTC 2007

Hi,

* Freddy Martinez:
> Dear Ubuntu,
>
> I have written a patch for the Basic Commands section of the Xubuntu
> docs.  The patch I sent in validates and should clean up some issues.
> I have attempted to make the docs more consistent, for example: all
> the basic shell commands (mkdir, rm etc) have an explanation what the
> acronym stands for.  while mkdir makes sense to "Make a directory" for
> most of us, mkdir and "make a directory" may be lost in translation.
> Please take a look and consider adding parts of this patch to the
> Ubuntu docs as well.

Is there any reason at all to have a separate document being maintained
for Xubuntu than Ubuntu? Given that the command line is all the same,
perhaps this document should be maintained as a generic one. That way,
we don't lose changes in different "versions" of the document. Note also
that this document was taken from the wiki so ideally we should ensure
that any improvements are reflected there first, and then carried over
to the repository towards the end of the release cycle.

Matt
--
http://www.mdke.org