docbook export from moin

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Sat Jul 28 09:41:59 UTC 2007

Hi,

Adding the list to cc:

* Ian:
> Ola Matt,
>
>> Ok, in this case it's not appropriate to replace article with chapter -
>> you can never have a whole xml document which is just a <chapter>, because a <chapter> always has
>> to be part of a book. So you either need a book with different chapters, or an article with
>> different sections.
> Ok, this raises an interesting question about the structure of the mobile guide. I only chose
> <chapter> because the server guide was written like that. Maybe it is better to go with article if
> the import  of wiki pages is easier? . If this needs to be done it is better to have some pain and
> get all the current pages done now before time pressure for the gutsy release is on us?

It's not a problem either way - chapters will work as long as they are
part of a book. In this case, there was no book... It's extremely easy
to change a number of articles to chapters of a book, don't worry about
it. Indeed, the test wiki has a way to export whole books, although I
don't think it's necessary to try in this case.

>> $ tidy -xml original.xml > new.xml
> wow, this is very useful information. I did not know about this program and it will make things a
> lot easier. Thank you
>
> DocuMENTORS has already been very valuable, then !!

Glad to hear it!

Matt
--
http://www.mdke.org