Mentoring Program

James Heaver james at heaver.org
Thu Jul 26 10:05:08 UTC 2007

On 26/07/07, Phil Bull <philbull at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> On Thu, 2007-07-26 at 10:19 +0100, James Heaver wrote:
> > Hi
> >   I would be interested in being mentored.  I've never produced
> > documentation for anything before but am interested in getting volved
> > with open source and since I can't code this would be a place to
> > become useful.
> >
> >   I work as a 'submissions co-ordinator' for a construction company -
> > this means taht I get technical stuff in from the estimators and
> > surveyors etc and have to make it intelligable to a mixed technical /
> > non technical audience (think a client and their architect) and make
> > it look pretty.  I've also done a couple of writing courses so
> > hopefully I have some skills which could be honed to be useful to you.
>
> Welcome to the mentoring programme!
>
> It sounds like you have the perfect background for writing
> documentation... Who would you like as a mentor and what area of
> documentation would you most like to work on?

I've no idea who I'd like as a mentor, I don't know who anyone is.  :)

In terms of what documentation I'd like ot work on - I'm not entirely
sure what aspects there are really.  I don't want to work on anything
too deep into the system, like setting up obscure network functions or
anything.  Something more 'useful' and and everyday.

Am I right in thinking that you want to make the documentation more
task orientated?  Thats something that I'd liek to get involved in.

In terms of specific types of programme whatever I guess I'm most
interested in media based programs, music, video, jukebox etc.  But by
no means restricted to just that.

I don't really know what needs to be done.

James

--
Woops - my hamster walked across the keyboard
09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0