Mentoring

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Mon Jul 23 19:39:32 UTC 2007

Hi Phil,

* Phil Bull:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'd really like to go ahead with this 'mentoring' idea. I've created an
> info page on the wiki [1] and I've also made a pitiful attempt at
> writing an announcement [2] to go on the Fridge or somewhere if we want
> to publicise this.
>
> I have a few questions:
>
>  * Is anyone else interested in mentoring someone? I think that I can
> mentor 3-4 people

Yes, I'd like to help.

>  * Are there any obvious flaws in the plan?

Nope!

On the wiki page, it would probably be a good idea to use the
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam/Tasks page so that we don't
have to maintain two such tables. We could add a "suitable for
mentoring" column...

Thanks for taking the iniative with this.

Matt
--
http://www.mdke.org