reorganisation of directories

Ryan Kavanagh ryanakca at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 15:58:49 UTC 2007

On January 27, 2007, Rich Johnson wrote:
> On Saturday 27 January 2007, Matthew East wrote:
> | Hi,

...cut...
> | I think the best way to do this is to use the GNOME/KDE help system
> | links. So for example, in GNOME:
> |
> | <ulink type=“help” url=“ghelp://internet?wireless”>link text</ulink>
>
> <ulink type="help" url="help:/kubuntu/$$doc/%">link text</ulink>
>
> | The alternative would be to do something clever with a ⟨ entity in
> | the link urls, which I'm not so keen on.
>
> The only thing I do no like about the linking above is that when it is
> built for https://help.ubuntu.com the links will be broken. We could just
> build out PDFs for the website?

Would that mean that help.ubuntu.com would have .pdf documentation instead of
webpages/html/the current setup? Reading PDFs seems to take up about 40% of
my CPU... and my machine isn't that old... what would happen to really old
machines? If help.ubuntu.com ends up running pdf2html or something of the
sort, nevermind :)

Cheers,
Ryan

--