VMWare instructions

Matt Zimmerman mdz at ubuntu.com
Tue Jan 16 23:40:56 UTC 2007

I noticed that we have instructions for setting up VMWare Server on
help.ubuntu.com.  In Feisty, this should be much easier, as we provide
precompiled modules and tools, e.g.:

vmware-server-kernel-modules-2.6.20-5 - vmware-server modules for Linux (kernel 2.6.20)
vmware-tools-kernel-modules-2.6.20-5 - vmware-tools modules for Linux (kernel 2.6.20)

The kernel team can provide details about how this is supposed to work, so that
the documentation can be updated.

Kernel team: do these modules work with VMWare Workstation as well?

--
 - mdz