Mozilla Trademark Status

Alex Latchford alex at yawnster.com
Tue Feb 13 00:00:54 UTC 2007

Howdy guys,

I am having a little trouble trying to compose a page outlining the
current Ubuntu Status on the Mozilla Software Trademark issues. I was
wondering if someone from the Doc Team could take over the page and try
to clarify Ubuntus' official position on the situation.

I am unsure exactly where the exact information lies, however there is
some on the ubuntu-devel list archives [1], (October 2006, Thread "Is
Ubuntu going to adapt Ice Weasel?".

The current draft is located at [2], it is just a shell as I don't
really know the situation and I am reluctant to add more for fear of
being gravely incorrect. Maybe this should be forwarded to Matt
Zimmerman for official clarification, but I thought this list would be a
good starting point.

Thanks, Alex.

[1] https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2006-October/021981.html
[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MozillaTeam/Trademarks