Topic-Based Thoughts

Phil Bull philbull at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 18:58:19 UTC 2007

Hi Matthew,

On Sun, 2007-02-11 at 13:22 -0500, Matthew Flaschen wrote:
> Phil Bull wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > Just a few (more) thoughts/questions on the topic-based help.
> >
> >  * Currently, networking is contained in the Internet topic. I think
> > that it's probably going to be a big enough subject to have its own
> > topic, especially when considering wireless networking. Does anyone have
> > any thoughts on this?
>
> Perhaps Internet should be in networking.

I've always thought of Internet as being more about Internet
applications, such as browsers, feed readers, mail clients and the like.
It's a pretty big topic as it is, so I'd tend to be against putting it
in Networking (which I see as being more of a hardware thing).

I suppose it would depend on what most users think, though; would people
associate wifi problems more with Internet or Networking, for example?

> >  * Should laptops get a topic of their own? Problems like power
> > management, suspend/resume, touchpads and finding laptop testing reports
> > could be covered.
>
> That could be good.  Where are they now (if anywhere)?

I haven't been able to find them anywhere myself. There's a lot of
material on the wiki, though.

Thanks again,

Phil

--