Topic-Based Thoughts

Phil Bull philbull at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 12:41:25 UTC 2007

Hi guys,

Just a few (more) thoughts/questions on the topic-based help.

 * Currently, networking is contained in the Internet topic. I think
that it's probably going to be a big enough subject to have its own
topic, especially when considering wireless networking. Does anyone have
any thoughts on this?
 * Should laptops get a topic of their own? Problems like power
management, suspend/resume, touchpads and finding laptop testing reports
could be covered.
 * Games is currently just a list of a few games. Would it be better to
split games up into types of game (e.g. strategy, puzzles) and list a
few relevant packages in each one of those sections?
 * What is the scope of programming.xml? I'd quite like it to mention
Gambas (an implementation of BASIC), as it's pretty nice for former
Windows/VB programmers.

Just to clarify, I am volunteering to make these changes...

Thanks,

Phil

--
Phil Bull