Yelp frontpage, and general status update

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Fri Feb 9 12:13:53 UTC 2007

Hi all,

Seb has now uploaded our first try at a patch for the Yelp Frontpage. Get
it while it's hot in feisty.

There are several things we need to do now.

1. Improve the design/layout/look of the front page. The css and such is
to be found in stylesheets/toc2html.xsl, for anyone who wants to have a
look at that (*pokes mpt*).
2. Figure out how to allow Edubuntu to plug documents into the list of
topics - I'll work on that with Don, Yelp developer and loyal helper of
ubuntu-docs.
3. Figure out which (if any) common questions we want to link to on the
front page. We can/should appeal to the community for some ideas on that.
In my mind, relevant considerations are (a) how common a question is; and
(b) how difficult it is to find already from the topics.
4. Ensure that all the topics are working nicely and have as much material
as we want.

We have a month now left before string freeze, in which to accomplish
number 4.

Matt
--
http://www.mdke.org